We’re delighted to let you know that the ‘Melbourn Greenway’ consultation is now open.
As you are no doubt aware, this is our best opportunity to achieve a Melbourn to Royston cycle link by means of a path along the A10 and a bridge over the A505 – something we’ve been campaigning for, for many years.
The Greater Cambridge Partnership Greenways project consists of 12 individual schemes of which the Melbourn Greenway is one. All the other schemes have seen very high consultation response rates. A GCP meeting in December will prioritize schemes for funding, so it’s very important that the Melbourn Greenway scheme sees the highest response rate of all: we’re aiming for 1000 responses. So we really need you to respond, and for you to persuade your friends, family and colleagues to respond as well.
The consultation closes on August 5th.
We’ve produced a document to link you to the Melbourn Greenway consultation, with some suggested responses: please find it to view or download here.
These events which may be of interest:
1. Royston Market stall, for distributing the consultation leaflet, June 29, 8:00am to 3:30pm (please let us know ideally by Sunday evening if you’d like to help on the day).
2. Melbourn Greenway consultation events:
· July 11, Melbourn Hub, 6:30-8:30PM
· July 25, Harston Village Hall, 6:00-8:00PM
3. A10 Corridor Cycling Campaign meeting July 10, 7:30-9:00PM, upstairs at the Shepreth Plough – we’ll take stock and fine-tune plans for the remainder of the consultation period.